Sunday, August 06, 2006

Happy Birthday Ariel

Yay Ariel - you are no longer a teenager...man we're getting old. I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you - perhaps next year you will be celebrating it here!

Only one week left of training which is both good and bad - I'll miss the comfort of having so many mzungus (white foreigners-we get called it frequently) around but I can't wait to have my own kitchen and the ability to make my own schedule. We had another impala roast last night and are roasting a goat and having a dance party for our families this week - amidsts our tests but I should be swearing in as a volunteer next monday (the 14th). Miss you all!

2 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I could pass on turning 20. I have to admit, I am feeling a bit old. However, I look foward to learning the adult way ( cooking, cleaning, and paying bills (well trying to pay some bills etc...)) I hope you received my letter. Another is on its way shortly from Minnesota.

You would have loved it there. Just a cabin on a lake for ten days. Lots of wake-surfing. (You literaly surf on the wake that the boat makes.) So, lots of fun.

Our talks of buying tickets to Zambia get more in-tuned everyday. And I am trying my best to save my pennies. With three weeks left of work I think it should all work out. yay

Love you and miss you. xo-R

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

brette!
make your sister call me and i will take her out in boston,remember your 21st and tequila jacks?
miss you sooo much.
love you more
kate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home